There are a number of places you can look to find inspiration for a documentary.
Ask yourself a number of questions….
- What fascinates you?
- What has caught your attention recently?
- Who do you know who has a story to tell?
- Is there anything interesting happening in your area?
- Is there something you need to/would like to explore using film?
- Is there an organisation you want to support?
- What are you passionate about?
These questions can help you find a premise for a documentary film.
Also, look close to home for ideas. The best stories can be hidden right under your nose!
You can also take inspiration from:
- The internet
- Local News
- desktop research
- Your Peers
Basically you can find stories everywhere!